The 2nd Dimension

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Viewing Journal: Scrapped Princess (complete)

Series Overview
DVD Info

(interesting in concept, but longer than it should have been; watch it maybe if you have the time)

This show had so much potential. It had a great concept (reminicent of a certain movie <-- click only if you're willing to risk a potential spoiler), and it would have been great if only the episode count was cut in half. So much of this show just seemed to drag on. I wanted to find out what this world of the Scrapped Princess was all about, but it just took forever to get there. Plus, even when it did get to certain key plot points, they just seemed deflated. This may have had something to do with the general animation quality which was consistent, but not anything great. I was really disappointed by Studio Bones for this one. Most everything else of theirs that I've seen (Wolf's Rain, Fullmetal Alchemist), I've enjoyed. Maybe I just set my expectations too high.

The story was pretty interesting though, so maybe check it out if you have nothing better to choose from. Personally, I watched the last half of the show in a marathon viewing, and I'm glad I did because 1.) I wanted to find out how the story turned out, but also 2.) because I just wanted it to be over with so I could move on to better shows.

No comments: