The 2nd Dimension

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Flashback Video: Venus Wars

This was one of the very first anime I ever saw (at least where I actually understood that I was watching an anime). I remember it was 1994 or there abouts and this movie -- Venus Wars was airing on Sci-Fi Channel's Anime Week marathon. I recorded it and remember watching this particular scene over and over again. The battle was just such a detailed and dynamic piece of animation that I couldn't get over it. You don't really see this kind of detail in animation anymore though because so much of the artwork these days is streamlined and digitally colored and animated.

Unfortunately, this video cuts off a bit at the end, but you get the idea... I definitely recommend watching the whole movie for anyone who hasn't seen it.

No comments: