The 2nd Dimension

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Dark Horse Translates Original Vampire Hunter D Novel

According to AnimeNation:

Dark Horse Comics has announced plans to release an English translated version of Hideyuki Kikuchi's first Vampire Hunter D novel, originally published in Japan in 1983.

The 300 page novel will include its original 8 interior illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano and retail at $8.95 beginning May 4th.

Although I am not a huge fan of vampire stories in general, the original Vampire Hunter D anime -- while definitely not among my favorite anime -- was relatively enjoyable. I think the last time I saw it was way back when it had aired on the Sci-Fi channel (which was what? 1995?), so I probably never even saw the fully unedited version.

Although it visually pales in comparison to the more recent Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust; I think I still like story of the original better. Call me crazy.

No comments: