The 2nd Dimension

Friday, February 04, 2005

Live Action Kiki's Delivery Service

According to Ain't It Cool News, Disney has hired Jeff Stockwell to write a live action movie adaption of Eiko Kadano series of Witch's Express Mail children's novels. The novels were the basis for Miyazaki's acclaimed Kiki's Delivery Service movie.

My knee-jerk reaction to this is one of true horror. I can only imagine bad things happening from Disney getting it's hands on a classic story that basically preaches the benefits of hard work to children (much the same as Spirited Away did). I can't imagine a Disney movie staying true to that theme.

You'll have to excuse my constant paranoia over US film companies trying to make live action adaptions to Japanese anime -- especially since there really hasn't been much to base this fear on yet -- but at least if I get my expectations nice and low I'll be less likely to be disappointed, right?

God I hope this one doesn't suck.

No comments: