The 2nd Dimension

Friday, March 18, 2005

GTO Live Action Movie

According to ICv2:

Media Blasters has announced it will release GTO the Movie, a live action 108-minute feature film, on DVD on July 26th. The film, featuring Japanese dialogue with English subtitles, will have a $29.95 MSRP. The plot follows Great Teacher Onizuka, an ex biker punk, who uses his street smarts and martial arts to teach high school.

GTO (or Great Teacher Onizuka was orignially a great manga by Tohru Fujisawa, and was later made into an awesome anime.

I was recently able to download the entire 12-episode live action TV series (I've only watched the first two episodes thus far), but was unable to obtain the live action movie. I guess now I know why (since usually once a title is licensed, most websites will stop making it available for download).

Speaking of which, I'm hoping to post my own review of the series in the near future, so make sure to look out for it.

No comments: