The 2nd Dimension

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Anime convention in Troy, Michigan

Finally the Detroit area gets its own anime convention!

According to the October issue of Newtype magazine, Youmacon will take place on November 11-13 at the Troy Hilton in Troy, Michigan.

I've only been to one comic book convention -- which I didn't really care much for since I don't read many US comics -- and have NEVER been to an anime convention. That being said I am pretty damn pumped for this one. I'm sure that since it is the first (of many hopefully) time they are having this, it probably won't be the best-stocked con in the world; but I don't care. I mainly just want to go to experience other anime fans; especially since I don't really know many other than some family members that I don't get to see often enough. So this should be pretty cool, at least if you are an anime otaku nut like me.

To find an anime convention near you go to the Anime-Cons website.

No comments: