The 2nd Dimension

Friday, November 04, 2005

Working through FFVII just for Advent Children

So I'm plodding my way through the Final Fantasy VII game from the beginning and my one and only reason for doing so is because I want to have the back story for the Advent Children DVD when it comes out at the end of November. That's an estimated 40 hours of my life flittered away on preparation for a movie which very well may end up sucking anyways. What the hell is wrong with me?

Yeah, I could have just read the script, but for some reason I started to think that I'd be missing out on certain visual referrences to the game that might crop up in the movie.

I guess there's a certain part of me that wants to complete this game that I started 6 or 7 years ago just to have a sense of closure, but I probably never would have gotten the initiative if the movie hadn't come out.

1 comment:

straightfromthecask said...

Play. And then watch. And you'll love it. You'll see all main characters in the movie too, and Materia, the LifeStream, limits, etc...
You'll also hear a new version of the game's music that is just wonderful.
Well I just loved it.