The 2nd Dimension

Sunday, March 19, 2006

3rd season of Ghost in the Shell confirmed

From AnimeNation:

Production IG has revealed plans to formally announce a new anime project titled "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society" at the Tokyo International Anime Fair later this month.

Why I care: Oh my God! I love Stand Alone Complex and am so happy they are making a third season I may just spontaneously combust from the overstimulated joy sensors in my brain overheating (assuming such things exist). So far the second season has been even better than the first season, and if the next iteration can top that then I may forsake Catholicism and make Production IG my focus for a new world religion. Though, I don't want to build up my expectations too much... (Too late?)

[ UPDATE: 2-D reviews Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society ]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Production I.G, Inc. has finalized with Kodansha Ltd. an agent agreement to represent the live-action rights for the property Ghost in the Shell, of which Kodansha Ltd. owns the exploitation rights to the original work.

The comic book Ghost in the Shell, originally created by Shirow Masamune in 1989, was transposed into an animated feature film in 1995, instantly earning worldwide success and topping N. 1 of Billboard Magazine video sales chart in 1996, marking an unprecedented achievement for a Japanese animated production. The movie Ghost in the Shell, directed by Mamoru Oshii, further proved to have great influence on Hollywood creators, starting from the Wachowski brothers' The Matrix.

http://www.productionig.com/contents/news/01_/index.html