The 2nd Dimension

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Final Fantasy VII remake??

From AnimeNation:

Reportedly during the recent Final Fantasy XII launch event held in Shibuya, Tokyo, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada confirmed that a Playstation 3 remake of Final Fantasy VII is "likely to happen" in response to massive consumer demand. Square Enix, Wada said, is presently "examining the possibility."

Why I care: What the heck am I even bothering to finish the original game for (yes, I am still sludging thorugh it) if I'm just going to have to start over again with a remake? Not that this devious marketing ploy will manipulate me into actually buying a Playstation 3 anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter. That's not to say that I wouldn't want to get the new platform, it's just that I don't want to get sucked into the video gaming black hole again. Anime and manga already take a good chunk of time out of my life...not to mention that attempt to create a little something of my own. Oo... the mystery. :eye roll:

No comments: