The 2nd Dimension

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Monster live action movie

This is old news, but I didn't notice it until just recently.

New Line Cinema is planning on producing a live action movie based on the Monster manga. Apparently there is already an anime, but it's currently not licensed for release in the US.

Why I care: I just started reading the manga and it's really good. Another one -- like Death Note -- that I think would have the potential for cross-audience appeal because the story is easy to follow, and shows that a manga can be adult without having to be that kind of adult (at least not in volume 1). Plus, it's a suspense story which is a genre that is always popular with the masses. I've only read the first volume thus far, but I'm looking forward to what's to come.

No comments: