The 2nd Dimension

Friday, March 24, 2006

Viewing Journal: Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu (complete)

Series Overview
DVD Info

(frigging hilarious; recommended)

Hands down, this has to be the funniest anime series I have ever seen. Hell, it ranks up there with the best live action US sitcoms. And what's even better is that the further I got into the series, the funnier it got. By the last two episodes I was just dying!

I really wish that there were more shows like this. I mean, sure there are plenty of comedy animes out there, but so few of them really have the kind of character interaction and comedic timing that gets me to consistently laugh. Maybe it was something in the original novels/manga that gave this series the material that set it apart. Whatever it was, I wish other shows could glean something off of this one.

I just looked up the director, Yasuhiro Takemoto, to see what else he's done. Apparently he did Hare+Guu as well. I saw the first episode of that show on a Newtype DVD, and it was pretty funny. Maybe I should check out the rest of it to see if it's as good as Fumoffu.

No comments: