The 2nd Dimension

Sunday, March 19, 2006

VIZ licenses Bleach anime

According to Ain't It Cool News:

Anime on DVD and C21 Media report that Viz has acquired the anime license to Bleach, one of the most popular new action anime series. The company plans to market the anme to teens, and Adult Swim has mentioned that it would fit perfectly with their line-up a-la InuYasha.

Anime News Network has also posted the official press release from Viz.

Why I care: Speaking of Youmacon, I saw the first 10 episodes of Bleach there last year and thought it was pretty good. I don't know if I'm going to go totally ga-ga over it like I do with so many other shows, especially since it's such a long-running series and I don't like having to dedicate that much time/money to one show (with the exception of maybe Rurouni Kenshin). But since it will likely be on Adult Swim, I'm not too worried about it. We'll see.

No comments: